Mini-Track Announcement | Hawaii International Conference on Systems Sciences
Analytics, Information Systems and Decision Technologies for Sustainability
January 5-8, 2015
This HICSS-48 minitrack welcomes both research articles and practitioner reports exploring technical and organizational issues pertaining to innovative ways for leveraging information systems and technologies for addressing sustainability issues and research that aim to mitigate the impact of economic development and information technologies on the environment. The minitrack encompasses environmental informatics, environmental analytics, sustainable computing, and Green IT. Theoretically founded papers that illustrate the application of analytics, information systems and decision technologies in environmental management for sustainability are particularly welcomed.
Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
- Analytics and decision technologies
- Sustainable development and decision making
- Environmental knowledge acquisition and management
- Environmental Management Information Systems (EMIS)
- Environmental Decision Support Systems (EDSS)
- Green IT
- Environmental cyberinfrastructure
- Environmental communication
- Technologies for decision support systems (DSS) development and environmental applications (e.g., geographic information systems, computational intelligence, service-oriented computing, web services, semantic web, artificial intelligence, agent-based computing, and multiple criteria decision making)
- June 15: Submission of manuscripts. The review is double-blind; therefore, this initial submission must be without author names.
- Aug 15: Notification of acceptance.
- Sept 15: Submission of final papers.
- Oct 15: Registration deadline for accepted papers.
College of Business and Information Systems
Dakota State University
Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Management
University of Hawaii at Manoa
Department of New Media Technology
MODUL University Vienna